Sustainable Development at Camping Kerlaz France
Camping Kerlaz due to its location in the heart of a protected natural area ( Natura 2000 area in Audierne Bay) and the sensitivity its owners has long been committed to a sustainable development.
For now, we have focused on acts to labels and other institutional communications but seeing the mass distribution with its large asphalted parking, large sheds sales, we realize that we do not need to be ashamed and present our major efforts at our level to preserve our planet.
contact us to discuss these developments.
Balance, new ideas, …
– Installation of solar panels and two new gas condensing boiler (2012) for hot sanitary water. These panels allow us to be virtually self-sufficient for mid-season and significant gas savings in July-August.
We tried to calibrate the size of the panels to optimize their performance.
– On a daily basis, we perform a non-chemical and mechanical brush.
Similarly we use chips for mulching our flower beds.
– The aisles of camping are lit with solar terminals.
– Despite the significant investment we have completely redone our site sanitation in 2012 with the establishment of an activated sludge treatment plant for 199 inhabitants-equivalents.
This allows us to release into the environment treated water far below the standards required and be sure not to pollute our unspoiled environment. Control of water quality is carried out every two years.
– Replacement of washing machines and dryers with less intensive machines.
As a customer, you may also participate in this process by applying a few simple rules :
As a client, you can also participate in this process by applying a few simple rules:
Sort your waste :
Sorting in place with specialized containers (glass, plastic, ..).
We installed composters and you have at disposal small green bin composter special.
At the reception, you can drop your used batteries in a specific box.
Yellow bags for sorting are provided.
Optimize your Travel :
Focus on Carpool if possible, we set on the page to access to Tréguennec links to several French carpool sites.
Feel free to suggest or request carpool to go to the beach (2km). Promote the Camping Spirit.
You also have the possibility to rent bikes.